New Zealand Government announced on September 30, 2021, a new one-off resident visa pathway for some temporary work visa holders. Partners and dependents can be included as part of these residence applications.
Some eligible applicants will be able to apply from December 1, 2021, while the rest eligible applicants will be able to apply from March 1, 2022.
All applications must be submitted by 31 July 2022.
Applicants must have met the criteria on 29 September 2021.
To be eligible you must:
- have been in New Zealand on 29 September 2021, and
- be on an eligible visa or have applied for an eligible visa before 29 September 2021 that is later granted.
You must also meet one of the three criteria:
- have lived in New Zealand for three or more years, or
- earn at or above the median wage ($27 per hour), or
- work in a role on a scarce list.
The new applications can be submitted online.
More information about fees and the application process will be announced by the end of October according to INZ.
For more details, please CONTACT IANZL Licensed Immigration Advisers.